Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sinks are NOT just for washing up. . . . . . . . .


Saw something similar on one of my blog searchs a couple of weeks ago and thought about duplicating the look. Earlier this spring while roaming the woods behind our house, I spotted an old iron bathroom sink halfway buried in leaves and debris. It stayed put until yesterday after I talked my husband Carl into going among the poison ivy leaves and pulling it out. A good scrubbing was all that was needed to move it to a usable state and I spotted a perfect spot for this HEAVY gem under the stair landing off the deck. We had a bit of a struggle to install it with sufficient holding elements, but soon we had it mastered. I ventured to Lowe's and rescued a wave petunia plant on the discount table for only $3. It looks so cute - just had to share this one. Also, for those that are following posts, I promise to get back to the slipcover project TOMORROW. I have to drive that little project to completion. Thanks so much for stopping by our blog. We have ALL been a little absent lately.

4 comments: