Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day


Hello - Excuse the brief absence; we've all been quite busy with holiday fun, removal of Christmas and all the other exciting chores we are involved in. I wanted to "get the jump" on Valentine's Day by showing off this cute heart. I love to recycle and reuse and was thrilled to find a much too small gorgeous RED sweater that needed a new look, so I did the usual - After shrinking it in hot water and drying same, I drew different sizes of hearts, cut them out, using a couple of buttons for embellishments and after two hours of looking for a tip in some book to show "how to do a blanket stitch", I thought of Google. Silly me - should have looked there first. I love the simplicity of this little number and it will find it's new home hanging on a door knob or perhaps hanging on a suction cup in a window. Hope you like it. Again - Happy Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

  1. Bettie! So glad to see you back on the blog! I've been checking in! Love the heart. You always do something fun with your findings. Take care and write when you can! Vic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no you're back & I missed your post!!!! I'm glad you've been keeping busy, can't wait to see what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete