Monday, October 26, 2009

Thanksgiving is Coming


Hello - thanks for stopping by our threshold. It's so good to have you visit. We are all busy with preparations for fall season already in progress and Thanksgiving is 31 days from today. How the time flies. It's hard sometimes to plan ahead and have the right items on hand to present a "Welcome" to your home. My favorite thing to do is use what I can find, pull out some of those earlier arrangements (I am a true recycle junkie). My fall arrangement is made from an old zinc lined glass milk bottle case (many of you will recall having one of these on the back porch for the milkman to leave his delivery). I grew up in the county, so this was not something I was a part of, but I always look out for cute, unusual items to use. I simply wiped the dust off, laid it on top of the concrete planter and filled it with pumpkins I had purchased over the years and used a little hot glue to hold them in place (you have to plan ahead on windy days around here, you know). I had already removed the two green sticks from my peony bushes and I just placed them on either side of the milk box and placed an empty, unused old grapevine wreath (picked up at Goodwill for $1) and unwound some vines and attached them. It took less than 10 minutes to make this and just today I found the cute, fall metal sign that says Welcome. It was $3 at a thrift shop. Recycle - it's my favorite thing.








2 comments:

  1. Gayle, I love this blog! It is very beautiful. You have almost convinced me to decorate, this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete