Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hang on to your shirts/blouses ......new ideas to be explored


Just HAD to share an updated photo of other collars for jars, etc. Earlier post introduced you to this cute idea BUT I wanted to emphasize that you do not have to do these on a sewing machine. In fact, the first one I completed was done on a machine and I pulled out all the stitches and used a slip stitch. Much neater job and ease of turning under the hem. Try these EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BUTTON AT THE NECK. They would look great in a bathroom to store cotton balls or Q-Tips. Personally I like almonds and M&M's in mine. The black and white check blouse had NO BUTTONS, just ties. Wow - this blouse was an antique, so I sewed the ties on and hemmed as usual. It looks great. Thanks again to Jane for posting photo of the magazine.

1 comment: