Friday, March 19, 2010

First signs of Spring - says "Welcome" anywhere


Well, we finally made it. Spring will greet us in a few hours. Back in January when I was first counting the days and marking them on the calendar - it seemed a long long way off. Wow - where did the winter months go? So glad they are behind us and we can enjoy great weather and sunny days and long evenings. I always say "I've made it another winter" whenever I see forsythia blooming. This is my favorite early spring bloomer. Carl and I rigged up two nice clear milk jugs we found in the basement - he cut a deep board; hung the bottle with a galvanized bracket to secure in place and then hung one on each side of our driveway entrance. Living in the country has its perks - flowers can be changed as the seasons change and your guests will always feel welcome as they enter. Only spent $2.75 for the metal brackets - everything else, of course, was recycled. Happy SPRING to each of you. Thank you for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous sign of spring, Bettie. And I adore forsythia bushes...the yellow. Yum! Very pretty.

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely, Bettie! Please pass along the happiestof birthday wishes to Gayle for me!

    ReplyDelete