Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Leaves and branches - resting quietly


Just had to share this new pillow I recently made. While waiting at our local beauty salon a few weeks ago, I was perusing a magazine while waiting for color. I caught just a glimpse of a cute pillow that was offered for sale for around $68. Appliques are a favorite, so I looked through my fabric stash, located some brown fabric suitable for the branches, but didn't have a piece of green. I looked around my Goodwill items I had accumulated recently and spotted a neat blouse, too tight to wear any longer, so I cut my leaves out and found my last precious piece of canvas fabric from the old slipcover my mother had made over twenty years ago. I've used every piece of this thing over the years and I had enough to make the pillow. After working with the zig zag on my old trusty Singer, I completed the project in less than two hours. Pretty nice and it didn't cost more than $4. Love it when a plan comes together, don't you?

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That's all I can say WOW!!! If it were me I'd be using a glue gun, can't sew to save my life!!! Very, very pretty, I loved how you re-purposed old items! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that and the price is the best! Wish I could sew.
    Hugs,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pillow - and I believe I've seen something similar in a magazine as well. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete