I guess if I were to sum up the most recycled items in one project - this one has to take the blue ribbon. 100 nice, strong bed springs are awaiting another project, but - listen to this! I caught the ending of a HGTV post recently and only saw the finished look with small clay pots, so I set out to create this same look for an area underneath our covered deck. The bed frame was still around AFTER cutting springs loose, so Carl used that wood to make top and bottom of this frame. Lucky for him, there was two 4x4 posts already installed in the area needed to house this new project. After much measuring and using some old pickets left from another project on the deck - YEARS AGO - this cute project was on its way to being enjoyed again. The hardest part was getting paint to stay on the wood - even though it was primed, it soaked up about five cans of spray paint. I had all the appropriate other items to accent the piece, just had to gather them all up and affix to the frame. The back of the area was not pleasing to look at, so I did some quick thinking and retrieved a good sized piece of burlap from another project and we stapled a finished edge to two strips and nailed it to the back of the 4x4 post. It turned out really good and we can't wait to have guests come by and see our newest project. Re purpose - rethink outside the box - it's usually a good idea. Hope everyone had a wonderful Fourth of July weekend.