Monday, February 1, 2010

Welcome February - month of the Valentine


There's something about Valentine's Day or the month of February to make us stop and think of a special person in our lives. We are special because we have someone special in our lives. Wanted to wish each of our guests a wonderful February and take the time this month to do something special. I used a wreath from years past - cut the flowers off stems and drew a half heart on paper and had my husband Carl cut two pieces out of a left over piece of decking board. After he cut the two pieces out, I asked him to drill a hole around the edges (large enough for the stem of the flower). I hot glued the inside edges of the heart. All of you that know me - I can NOT draw even stick people. After placing the flowers around, I saw the shape taking place before my eyes and thought "how easy is this" - wow - To cover the edge of the wood, I rummaged through my stash of ribbons, etc. and found a piece just long enough to hot glue and cover; all I had to do to finish this nice piece of work was to hot glue a small red and white ribbon in the center of the white ribbon and then a bow was tied and it was hung between the two windows in our small den - we hibernate here during the winter months - Carl watches his old westerns and I sit on the couch perusing magazines and books and thinking of another project.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Bettie! This is so cute! Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Bettie, this is precious!! I love it!

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! it turned out really pretty and sounds SO simple to make as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hearts! That is simply adorable.

    ReplyDelete