Friday, November 20, 2009

The Wonders of Glass Containers and Mason Jars



I simply adore glass containers and  use them to help keep me somewhat organized (I need ALL the help I can get...trust me) Years ago I bought the larger container in the picture at a local coffee shop. I use to hold some of my cookie cutters...yes some of them as no way I can get them all even in a jar that size. I use similar type jars to hold flour, sugars, etc and place on my island or in this pic,I utilized some corner counterspace...notice the tiny jar made into a lamp filled with peppermints...double duty items are one of my favorites too and the tiny lamp fills that bill nicely don't you think?...the tiny lamp casts a soft glow in that corner when the kitchen lights are off and I can change out the contents as needed or according to seasons...There are literally hundreds of ways to use glass containters/Mason jars in your decor or organizational endeavors. I'm wondering if anyone else has a love affair with Mason Jars or glass containers? If so, please share your thoughts with us; we'd love to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. Gayle, I do! I use them in my craft room. And, my kitchen. I have wine corks, cookie cutters, flour and sugar in large glass containers and then all kinds of things in small ones: buttons, safety pins, spice mixes, magnets.... so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little utensils hanging from the large jar are just adorable! I have a love affair with mason jar too. I use them in my kitchen to hold all sorts of ingredients, my craft room for buttons and such and my laundry room for clothespins.
    I even use one or two for canning too. ;)

    ReplyDelete